Dr MC Luthra, specialist in Lens Implant and Glaucoma, completed his medical studies in Ophthalmology from Agra Medical College in 1967. He joined ONGC as an ophthalmologist in 1968, during his working tenure in ONGC he brought up the ophthalmological department with latest equipment and medical practices. He took voluntary retirement from ONGC as Chief Eye Surgeon. In the year 1994, he established Drishti Eye Centre (currently known as Drishti Eye Institute), with a vision to fulfill the need for super specialty eye care services in the region.
He conducted more than 1000 free eye screening camps in collaboration with Rotary Club & Lions Club Dehradun. He also conducted more than 200 free eye surgeries.
Also chaired several scientific sessions at various national and state level meets.