Dr. Gaurav Luthra (Director – Drishti Eye Institute)
Dr Gaurav Luthra, an internationally renowned eye surgeon is the Director of Drishti Eye Institute & specializes in advanced Cataract & Laser Refractive Eye Surgery. He is an alumnus of Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
His primary areas of interest are:
- Pediatric & Challenging Cataract Surgery
- New Technology IOLs
- Refractive Surgery-LASIK, ReLEX SMILE, CONTOURA Vision
At present holds prominent positions in the most prestigious Ophthalmological societies including
- Chairman ARC, Intraocular Implant & Refractive Society of India (IIRSI)
- President, Dehradun Ophthalmological Society (DDOS)
- Chairman of Award Committee,Uttarakhand State Ophthalmological Society (UKSOS)
- Member Scientific Committee, All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS)
- Co-Chairman, Trade Relations Committee & Grievances, All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS)
- Member, Management Committe, All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS)
Dr Gaurav Luthra has been honored by the following prestigious Awards:
- IIRSI Gold Medal, 2008, Chennai
- IIRSI- JOS Gold Medal 2016 for exemplary work in the field of Ophthalmology, Jaipur,
- Subodh Agarwal Gold Medal at IIRSI Annual Conference - 2013 for exemplary work in Cataract & Refractive surgery,
- Mohan Lal Gold Medal for Best Scientific Paper at UPSOS Annual Conference - 2002.
- ACOIN-2015 Gold Medal in its 6th Annual Conference at Lucknow.
- Invited by All Gujarat Ophthalmic Society to deliver the Amit Shah Oration during Annual Conference, 2019.
- Awarded Dr Daljit Singh Gold Medal by Lt Governor of Delhi Shri Anil Baijal at the Annual Conference of IIRSI-2019
- Invited Judge for the prestigious APACRS Film Festival at APACRS Kyoto 2019, Chiang Mai 2018 and Hangzhou 2017.
- Founder and Chief Instructor of Tech Skills Transfer Courses at AIOS since 2015.
Contributions to Academic Activities:
- Presented over 100 papers/lectures in International and over 200 papers in National conferences.
- Invited Faculty at American Society, European Society, American Academy of Ophthalmology, World Ophthalmology Congress, Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology, Asia-Pacific Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons besides several national societies.
- Performed live surgery of challenging Cataract & Lasik at over 100 workshops in India & abroad.
- Asian Ophthalmology meets Kuala Lumpur, 2013, SICS Wet lab & Live surgery at Makassar, Indonesia, 2008.
- Chief Instructor of Tech Skills Transfer Courses at AIOS 2016 (Kolkata), AIOS 2017 (Jaipur), AIOS 2018 (Coimbatore) & AIOS 2019 (Indore).
- Conducting instruction courses at AIOS & ASCRS for the last 15 consecutive years.
- Chief Instructor "Lords of the Rings and Hooks" instruction course rated amongst top 10 at ASCRS
He has been also leading the surgical training programs in Lasik & Cataract Surgery for fellows at Drishti since 2002.